The Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning in San Diego
***Covid Sanitizing Update
We have upgraded our sanitizing fog to a product by the name brand “Oxine” which is the only duct sanitizer approved by the EPA as safe with low toxicity levels, while at the same time effective in killing SARS-CoV-2 aka “Coronavirus”. You can verify this on the EPA List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2, simply type in “Oxine” into the search bar, the link to the page is here: EPA Approved Disinfectants
Residential & Commercial Air Duct Cleaning San Diego
Whether you run your heat or a/c part time or year round, whether your home or business is brand new or lived in for a while, a good duct cleaning is never a bad idea. Have you ever really thought about the air you’re breathing in your home every day? The same air is constantly recycled every time your turn on your AC or Furnace. Every cycle, all day, all night, picks up and leaves behind dirt and debris in your ducts and vents. The air you breathe is constantly pushed past through this dust and dirt every time you turn your HVAC. Who wouldn’t prefer to breathe in crisp, fresh air? Free of allergens, dust, and dander….
Why Clean Your Air Ducts and Vents?
- Improve Air Quality – According the EPA, indoor air can be more polluted than outdoor air. Fresh Air San Diego can help remove dust, dirt, germs, and other contaminants in your HVAC system, making the air you breathe fresh and clean.
- Increased Energy Efficiency – Based on reports from the US Dept. of Energy, 25-40% of energy for heating and cooling systems are wasted. Does your system seem louder than it should be or louder than it was before? Is your AC or Heat cycling back on more and more often? How about your electric bill, has it seen better days?
Part of the culprit could very well be dirty ducts and clogged filters.
- Extend the life of your HVAC – Dirty ducts and clogged filters make your system work harder and longer for less results. A good cleaning by Fresh Air could extend the functional life of your system.
- Bad Smells – Smokers in the house, or pets that shed high amounts of hair or dander can often leave odors retained in the closed cycle of your HVAC. If running your heating or cooling gives the house a musty or slightly unpleasant order, we can fix that too.
- Mold prevention – When organic material like dust and dirt accumulate in your air ducts, there is a higher likelihood that mold could form. When this material becomes moist and damp, it can lead to mold growth.
Air Duct Cleaning Process:
The team at Fresh Air San Diego are on the cutting edge of indoor air care –
- Depending on your situation, a pre-inspection may be conducted with a duct inspection camera.
- During the air duct cleaning process, your HVAC system is placed under continuous negative pressure by our 3500 CFM HEPA collection devices. Fresh Air Technicians begin cleaning all interior surfaces in the direction of air flow using mechanical agitation, contact vacuuming, and a combination of brushes and power whips.
- Filtration includes 1st stage 18″ x 24″ x 2″ disposable pleated filter, 2nd stage 18 1/4″ x 24 1/4″ x 1″ permanent electrostatic air filter and 3rd stage 18″ x 24″ x 6″ certified HEPA filter, providing efficient filtration with maximum air suction.
- Ducts are scrubbed with Air Care Sidewinder Duct Hose. It effectively dislodges debris and air scrubs the interior surfaces of any duct system with 175 PSI pressure.
- Sanitizing “Fog” Cleaning the interior of an air system is half the job. For a thorough job, the system should be decontaminated by fogging it with an EPA registered sanitizer and sealant, to retard biological growth and prevent any residual debris from migrating into the occupied area.